Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Work-Life Harmony


Last Monday during our Monday Morning Sharing in our office, the assigned speaker shared some tips about how a person could achieve a work-life balance. Aside from his sharing of these tips, there are actually numerous tips that can be found from various sources such as the Internet that would guide us in order live a balanced life. In our ethics class, our professor mentioned tips such as tracking our time, taking advantage of our option, learn to say no, etc.

Life Roles
I think having a work-life balance would mean that one must also be able to balance his/her life roles well. I remember when I was in college, we are asked to have our life rainbow in which we were being asked what are the roles we'll be taking when we reach a certain age. Honestly, I wasn't sure if the one I did in the activity is still similar with what I want right now. I really think that one must be able to establish or at least have a plan to acquire a particular life role before balancing everything.
Example of a Life Rainbow

If I would follow my view that life roles should be established first so from there, I would be able to achieve the work-life balance or for some people work-life harmony. In my current age, my life roles right now are as follows: child, sibling, student, friend and worker.

Truth to be told, my life is actually simple compared with my other peers who have other roles such as parent, partner, etc. From here, I can now balance my time by ensuring to be on time at work so that I could avoid being penalized by having to leave the office at a later time, which could affect other activities that I'm playing part of (e.g. child, sibling, student). Another thing I could do is to ensure that I have a good proper time management such as doing the important things first, especially I am taking the role of a student at my age, so that I would be able to take care of my body by sleeping on time.

By properly managing the things that needs to be done within a specific time frame, I would be able to fulfill other roles such as spending time with my family, chatting with friends, especially having time for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment